Saturday, July 19, 2008

Oh Brother!


I wasn't sure when it would happen exactly, but I knew that one day Sofia would fall for Max. As she became more alert and responsive I waited for the sign. A few months ago I was bouncing Sofia on the yoga ball and Max was sitting with his back to us about two feet away. After a few minutes a very loud “Eehhhh” emanated from Sofia’s tiny mouth. Max did not look. Another loud, “Eehhhh”. No look from Max. Finally after the third and loudest, “Eehhhh” (and a little prodding from me) Max turned around. Sofia laughed, she was clearly proud that she finally caught Max’s attention. Sofia loves her brother. Every time he walks into the room she smiles one of those ear to ear, “you’ve made me the happiest person on the planet” smiles. It’s priceless. Max and Sofia are still a few years away from hide and seek, name that cloud animal, or tag, but I just know they will be friends.

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to see the two of them connecting. This reminds me of my brother and those early childhood memories that I will cherish until I’m old and grey. I miss you John.

No comments: