Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear Precious Sofia

You are going to be 19 months soon. You are officially over the one and a half year mark and are quickly heading to TWO.

As you grow I am trying to keep up with your accomplishments but I know I am behind. This month you are already perfecting your colors and shapes, you have been using a spoon and fork for a few months now, you run non-stop, you can throw a ball under and over hand, you enjoy helping us when we ask for help, you wipe your mouth and hands when they are dirty, when we call out a picture or object you point to it, you tell me when you have gone potty, you feed and clean your dolls, and you throw your garbage away without asking.

I am constantly astonished at how much you know. At this point you are very aware of our discussions and you are taking them all in. I watch as you study Max and daddy when they speak. You watch me too, and have continued to mimic everything from putting on lipstick and combing your hair, to putting on shoes or reading. I love watching you open a book to “read” all by yourself, but even more, I enjoy those days when we sit on your bed and read for an hour. (I am always astonished at how much time has passed, and that you are still as interested as you were when we began.) You like to scribble with your crayons and you enjoy playing ball. You enjoy playing with your iphone toddler apps. You will pose for a picture when asked, okay, okay, you will only do that for five seconds, but it still makes me proud. And our favorite thing you are doing right now is dancing. You have been dancing for a few months, but now you have song recognition and when Beyonce’s song, Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) plays, you dance like crazy. I have a video and will post soon.

You are intelligent, sweet, independent, curious and you make me laugh.

I love you,
Ma Ma

No comments: